I have started the delve into VR and have been really enjoying playing with my Oculus Quest. There are some handy features on the device allowing you to cast what you are seeing in the headset with others around you. You can cast to the following devices on the same wi-fi network as the Oculus Quest computer, phone or smart TV.
With the use of Oculus Link you can play VR games on your PC. This is what I was doing the other night and wanted to cast what I was playing to my friends on Discord. This ended up with me having an issue that took me a too-long-it’s-embarrassing-to-say amount of time to get working. The problem is when you try to stream SteamVR on Discord only the SteamVR status window shows to your viewers.
To fix this issue I did the following:
- First on your computer open, go to oculus.com/casting with Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge and log in to your Oculus account.
- Put your headset on and press Oculus button on your controller to open the universal menu.
- Select Sharing then select Cast.
- Select Computer then select Next.
- Select Done. The view of your headset should now be showing in the browser.
- Back on your computer open Discord
- Select one of your servers you have permission to cast to
- Select a channel
- Then click on the share screen
- You can select the browser window with the Oculus Quest cast feed
Congratulations, you are now sharing you headset stream to Discord. I hope you found this helpful.